Ready to Register?
All set to start exploring the UCC? Before you retrieve your credit card, be sure to note the following terms and requirements, as course registration is nonrefundable. You’ll need —
- a reasonably up-to-date computer with the Chrome browser (preferred). Tablets are okay, but not ideal.
- a good, consistent internet connection
- access to the required texts — available for purchase at UCC Resources (allow time for shipping)
- a commitment to completing all weekly readings and assignments, engaging respectfully in online discussion, and participating each week in the 90-minute video conference. You may miss one video conference over the eight weeks, but must listen to the recording and post a response before the next week’s call.
- a commitment to The Honor System — all work must be your own — and a commitment to respect copyright laws
- willingness for the instructor to share your performance with your Committee on Ministry when the course is required as part of preparation for ordination or Privilege of Call (see COM Approval for more detail)
- a collaborative, engaged and open spirit
Exploring the UCC uses Moodle, a popular online learning management system. Your registration will give you access to all elements of the online course, including the detailed syllabus, links to free resources, and more. You will need to borrow or purchase the required texts prior to the first week of the course.
Choose your registration method
By registering, you agree to the terms listed in the Ready to Register? section above. Registration is nonrefundable.
- Register directly and get immediate access to the course in Moodle
Payments are processed securely via PayPal, which charges a $17.00 fee to process the transaction. We split this fee with you for a total charge to your card of $583.50.
- Pay by check
Click here to download an invoice, which you can complete with your contact information and mail with your check. Be sure to send your check to arrive before the course begins. Once your check has cleared, you’ll receive a login to the Moodle course. If you choose this method, be sure to allow plenty of time to receive access to the course.
Want to audit the course?
Interested ministers, lay leaders and others are welcome to join the course and participate as fully as they desire, although assignments need not be submitted and will not be reviewed or graded by the facilitator. In addition, auditing the course will not qualify for the MID course requirement. Once your online payment is processed, you’ll receive a login to Moodle within 24 hours (auditing students must be manually enrolled by the facilitator). By registering, you agree to the relevant terms listed in the Ready to Register? section above.
Payments are processed securely via PayPal, though you do not need a PayPal account to use this option. PayPal charges a small fee to process your transaction, so your credit card will reflect a total charge of $77.50. Registration is nonrefundable.
The Essential DetailsDATES
October 15 – December 11
Approx. 24-32 hours of classwork, including weekly video conferences, over eight weeks
Scholarships may be available from your Committee on Ministry
- Walker, Randi Jones. The Evolution of a UCC Style: History, Ecclesiology, and Culture of the United Church of Christ
- Zikmund, Barbara Brown, ed. The Living Theological Heritage of the UCC, Vol 7: United & Uniting